Attention Senior Parents – Graduation details
Dear Class of 2019 Parents:
We are a little over two weeks away from graduation! Some of these reminders won’t be new to you, but we also have some additional information to pass along so please take the time to read this email in its entirety. We are overjoyed for your daughters and look forward to celebrating and honoring them with you.
1. Graduation Ceremony – Thursday, May 23rd at 3:00 pm (Memorial Auditorium)
- Doors to Memorial Auditorium do not open until 2:30 pm for guests.
- Please allow ample time to find parking. The metered parking surrounding Memorial Auditorium, including along I Street, is restricted on May 23rd and only allows for cars with city permits. In addition, there is construction which makes parking around Memorial Auditorium even more scarce. There is parking available in the lot on J and 13th Streets, across the street from the Sheraton Hotel. Click here to view a map of public lots in the downtown area. Consider carpooling, Uber or Lyft, or taxi since it is a business day and much of the metered and lot parking will be taken. Another option is to reserve a space through parkingpanda.com, an online parking reservation service which allows you to secure a space at a nearby parking garage for a reasonable fee.
- Please remind your daughters to wear shoes they can walk in across the stage and up and down stairs.
- Graduation caps are not to be decorated in any manner.
- Wearing neutral tones underneath the white graduation gown is ideal. The gowns are thin and white; dark and patterned clothing shows through. We encourage them to steam or press their gown before wearing it. Gowns should be brought in on a hanger with the student name clearly identified.
- All personal belongings including cell phones are kept in secured holding rooms before they process into the auditorium.
- Please do not bring any balloons, inflatable pool toys, banners, air horns, etc., as they are not permitted inside the Auditorium. These items detract from the ceremony. Noisemakers are especially problematic because they drown out the names of the graduates and guests can’t hear when the next graduate’s name is announced.
- If you have a request for accessible seating for one of your ticketed guests, it must be received by the end of the day on Friday, May 17th. Please click here to make that request.
2. Graduation Rehearsal – Thursday, May 23rd at 11:00 am
- Rehearsal is mandatory for all students.
- Graduates should arrive downtown at 10:30 am to find parking.
- We will be providing lunch to all of our seniors since they do not leave Memorial Auditorium between the rehearsal and the ceremony.
- Since there is limited time between the rehearsal and the actual ceremony, we are encouraging students to do their hair and makeup in the morning before they arrive downtown. After rehearsal there will be time for touch-ups.
3. Graduation Ticket Distribution – Wednesday, May 22nd at 7:00 pm (Dining Hall)
- This is immediately following Baccalaureate Mass.
- Tickets are only dispersed to the graduate (12 tickets total).
- If a family needs more tickets, we have encouraged students to exchange among themselves.
- If tickets are not picked up, they will only be available for student pick-up on Thursday, May 23rd in the front office from 7:00 am – 10:00 am.
We are looking forward to making this a very special day for you and your daughters. If you have any concerns or questions, please let us know.
St. Francis Catholic High School